Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Preparing for the weekend

I'm preparing to spend Saturday driving on the National Road, in western Maryland, photographing some things that I either missed or simply don't have the level of detail that I'd like. I'll probably spend the night with my in-laws in Hagerstown, then get up early and drive west, possibly as far as Frostburg. I'd like to do a better job of documenting the architecture and landscape. The current list of items to document includes:

  • Milestone 87
  • Milestone 95 - sitting in the middle of I-70
  • A bit more attention to Hancock
  • Old alignments leading to and from Sideling Hill
  • Flintstone
  • National Register of Historic Places sites along the route
  • Finding more stone bridges

    I'm welcome to other suggestions as well.

No comments: