Friday, September 28, 2007

Peacock Road

Peacock Road is a section of the Historic National Road between Old Washington and Cambridge, Ohio. It has been bypassed by faster routes, so it has been changed less over time. It retains the early 20th century brick paving, and it makes for a beautiful drive.

Peacock Road, between Old Washington and Cambridge, Ohio

Peacock Road, between Old Washington and Cambridge, Ohio

One room schoolhouse, Peacock Road, between Old Washington and Cambridge, Ohio

3 comments:

mg said...

I've made it through about 600 of your flickr'd National Road photographs so far, and the top one on this post is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

One of these days I'm coming out to Maryland to start a westward National Road journey, and I'll be using your photos and words to build my trip itinerary!

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

Thank you, Mike - it's a gorgeous area, and I'm definitely going to have to go back again.

Jim - hopefully, by the time that happens, I'll have finished the guide I'm working on to driving the National Road in Maryland.